The Kiss

I can't get the kiss out of my mind.We talked about it on the Magdalene Circle online radio show yesterday. Yes, "Mary Magdalene was the companion of the Savior and he kissed her often" and we have rightly taken that as one of the ways to know she is the Bride....but why does the kiss stay with me? It's a piece of fate, a moment of knowing that the fate-Goddess was present. It's a moment of initiation into a deeper story, a moment when fate is sealed.
   A moment when fate is sealed, a moment when life-threads are knotted together. It's a moment that says, "Now the story begins between us."

Think of how it is in your dream life when a kiss happens. The story of inner marriages, inner fate, inner kissing, inner initiations is the story of one's own personal spiritual quest to know soul and Godde. The kiss is part of the lore of the quest for the Holy Grail, the great Mystery Tradition of the western world. We go along a path of continual encounter with inner patterns of response to life that bring satisfaction or unhappiness. Dreams reflect the story all the way along, helping us to know the details of why an attitude works or doesn't work. It's often pictured in terms of relationship with the opposite gender. If I dream I want to kiss a man whose character and qualities I really like, it's a moment of harmony with my own soul growth because those qualities are ones I want to have within myself. A dream kiss starts a story of personal inner development. It says "now I will grow with this new and unknown part of myself and know it as me."

The Age that began with "Those Two" was and is meant to be one where we know more fully the inner dimensions of ourselves as Godde. Jesus brought it to the streets with his refusal to be king of the hill. The kiss was declaration of full intent to listen to women's wisdom.
   The kiss is a moment of saying "I accept Fate"  and "I allow Soul".

What did you think of this article?

Trackbacks
  • No trackbacks exist for this post.
Comments

• 6/23/2010 7:28 AM Jennifer Reif wrote:
    Hi Joan,
    Thank you for this lovely piece. The KISS - the expression of love between TWO. Such a perfect picture, of love found, of the union of the TWO. As an image, it brings up everything that is good about humankind, everything that is loving and supportive and nurturing. It says, "I love you." It says "You are worthy." It says, "You are Divine Love."
    What a great way to start my day! Thank you!

Love Jen
    "The Holy Book of Mary Magdalene"
    1. 6/23/2010 8:49 AM Joan Norton wrote:
      Hi Jen,
        Thanks very much for commenting. It's a nice feeling for me to know that you're right there in the morning. We're both morning gals. You always say something that helps the story. Thanks!

• 6/23/2010 7:39 AM Valerie Gross wrote:
    thank you Joan for this beautiful meditation.

I love how the kiss also brings our bodies into play. So much of spirituality has been about separating and reviling our bodies. The idea of a holy kiss, where soul meets soul, in fact blesses our bodies, honors our physicality as sacred vessel.

I'm doing a talk tomorrow night with a lovely Muslim man, a writer who is working to bring this same awareness -- of the Sacred Feminine, hence sacred sexuality -- into Islam (details at my site).

The web of peace just keeps growing, one meditation, one radio show, one conversation at a time.

blessings on you and yours,
    - Valerie
    1. 6/23/2010 8:52 AM Joan Norton wrote:
      Hi Valerie,
        Yes, you're so right... that's such a helpful thought about the kiss bringing our bodies into the story. Did you put your website up here for others who might be intrigued with what you're doing? Do!

1. 6/23/2010 9:22 AM Valerie Gross wrote:
        it's www.magdalathebook.com
  • 9/19/2012 9:57 PM Contessina Medici wrote:
    Why are people so polarized around the subject of Jesus having intimate relations with a woman?